Monday, January 16, 2012

Team Meeting Swaps

This is the swap card I made for the Team Meeting.  It uses several of the new goodies, the Adorning Accents Edgelit Die and matching Embossing Folder from the Occasions Mini Catalog and the Outlined Occasions stamp set from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  Remember, Sale-a-Bration starts next week!  I love the chance to get free stamps every year during Sale-a-Bration!

This was one of my favorite swap cards.  It was made by the wonderful and talented Mary Robinson.  I've been trying to color the flowers of the Bordering On Romance set as pretty as she did hers but no luck so far.  I want to CASE this card for my card club this month so I need to practice coloring!  The Bordering on Romance set as well as the Paper Doily Die come from the new Occasions Mini Catalog.  Did I tell you how much I ordered from that new catalog?  Well, it's a huge secret that I'm not sharing but I had such a hard time deciding what to get that I just decided to ignore the logical business sense that I usually use and had a LOT of fun ordering.  Twice. 

This card doesn't use any of the new products but I really like it.  The large floral image from the Day of Gratitude set that she used here reminds me of the flower from the new Mixed Bunch set though.  I've seen so many cards made with this image that I can now recreate with the Mixed Bunch stamp.  I can tell it will be one of my favorite stamp sets!

Last, I thought I would share a couple of Valentine cards I got.  This one is simple yet beautiful.  Wanda Vaughn made this using the Heart Framelit upside down so she just got the imprint not cut out.   You would want to stamp the "Love" on the card before "embossing" it.  These framelits let you see where you are cutting so it is easy to get the placement where you want it.

I like the technique here of sponging using templates she made with the Heart Framelits dies. She didn't put her name on the back so I don't know who to give credit to for this card.  I'm thinking about all the sponging she had to do to make 25 of these cards!  Sounds like something I'd get myself into, huh?  Do you like the "from my heart to yours" sentiment?  It comes from the new P.S. I Love You stamp set.  It is a set of 15 stamps so you should be able to design a Valentine for everyone on your list with this set. 

My card club meets this week, I'd love to have you join us!  Email me if you would like to come and see how much fun we have.  wrightplace4@ mindspring.com 
 I'll also be having a Valentine's Countdown class on Jan 31. Details for both of these classes are on my website.

No comments: