Monday, January 9, 2012

January Stampin' Sisters Team Meeting

We had a team meeting Saturday.  I did my swaps before I left for the funeral because I knew I would only have Friday to work on them if I waited till I got home and I would have lots of things to do that day after being away for 2 weeks.  I was asked (by email while I was in Utah) if I could make some samples from new stamps in the Occasions Mini catalog and the Sale-a-bration catalog.  Of course, I couldn't do many on Friday but I did manage several.  Here are a couple of them.

First, I used the Apothecary Art set for the focal point of the card.  The DSP is from the Sale-a-bration pack called Everyday Enchantment.  I love the soft colors in this paper.  I also used the ribbon from the ribbon/brad bundle available during Sale-a-bration. 
Next, I used a smaller design from the Apothecary Art set as well as the new Adorning Accents Edgelits and embossing folder to cut and emboss the curved design at the bottom of the card.  I love it!  There is also a scalloped edgelit you may have noticed on the top card.  They make these extra touches so easy on a card.

The last 2 are very simple but I wanted to show a couple of different ways to use the Simply Scored tool to make backgrounds.  They are so quick and easy I want to make more!  Even without the mat, the Apothecary Art set looks great.  I love this set!
Diagonal lines in each direction are easy to achieve if you put a triangle of chipboard in the corner of the Simply Scored tool to make sure they lines are straight.  You can just do a few lines in opposing corners or do lines every half inch all the way across and then add lines in the other direction.

No comments: