Saturday, January 14, 2012

Team Meeting Projects

Last Saturday I went to a Team Meeting for Stampin' Up demonstrators.  It was a great meeting, I learned a lot, got some great swaps and made 3 cards, a candy wrapper and a shadowbox frame piece of art.  I always love the stamping projects and these were great projects.  All of the projects we made used new stamps and products from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  If you don't have one, you need one!  Let me know and I'll get one to you.


 The first card uses Crumb Cake, Concord Crush and Old Olive cardstock to create the card base and flower.  All are embossed for extra dimension but the flower parts are also wadded up and inked to give them even more dimension.  The stamp is from the Apothecary Art stamp set and after we colored the flowers we spritzed the piece with the Color Spritzer Tool.  This is a great little tool that you use with one of our markers to spray ink on projects, either finely like I did or more heavy splotches if you want a different look.  It is great to distress your project.

I changed this card up a bit from the sample we were working from.  It had the other side of the Sweet Shop DSP we used had cupcakes on it but one of the swap cards I got was very similar and used that side so I flipped it over and used the little cherry images for my card.  The cupcake stamp set is called Sweet Cake and the so sweet sentiment is also from the set.  A bit of ruffled ribbon and some glimmer paper accents finish up this "sweet" card.

I love the rectangles of 5 different prints from the Twitterpated DSP used for the base of this card.  The Pleated Satin Ribbon is Blushing Bride and the stamp set is from a great new set called P.S. I Love You.  My favorite stamp in this set is a chocolate dipped strawberry, YUM!


This is a fun wrapping idea to make presenting Valentine's treats even more fun.  Just a bit of Everyday Enchantment DSP (available FREE during Sale-a-bration) and some ribbon and a cute brad, also a Sale-a-bration freebie create an irresistible goodie.  The cupid image also comes from the P. S. I Love You stamp set.

Last of all we made this vintage framed piece.  It is sitting on my piano now, it is so pretty!  The Very Vanilla cardstock was stamped with the swirly vine stamp from the Creative Elements set.  This set is in the regular Stampin' Up catalog instead of from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  The flower, butterfly, "Create" and frame strip it is on are all from the same set.  We ran the stamped background through the Big Shot with the striped embossing folder after sponging on some So Saffron ink to make it look like old wallpaper. 

No comments: