Thursday, January 19, 2012

Paper Doily Sizzlet Die

Have I mentioned how much I like the Paper Doily Sizzlet Die?  I love the look of it and realized that it is quite versatile.  You can trim away different parts to change the look depending on your project.  I made several and trimmed them to come up with 7 different doilies.  Hummmm, which one do I like the best? 

You can use the cut away part too.  I'm thinking these would be great for stamped images punched with a round punch or as a picture frame on a scrapbook page.  What can I say, my mom was raised during the depression and she instilled in me a desire not to waste anything.  After all the work cutting, punching out the little pieces and trimming the image down it would be a shame to waste the time spent or paper used to cut these doilies.

Did I mention how much I like this die?

Did I mention that Sale-a-Bration starts Tuesday?

I love my job!  Stampin' Up is a great company to work for.  I love so many things about how they run the company and how they treat their demonstrators.  I hear there are some good changes coming up, I can't wait to see what they are.  Stay tuned  :~) 


5 comments:

Linda said...

I would love to know how you are managing to get clean cuts. I bought this die and can't get it to cut clean. I've tried using a shim and can hardly get it to go thru the Big Shot and still doesn't cut all the way thru. It won't work on my Cuttlebug at all. I love the look but will probably return it unless I can find out how to make it cut right.

elaine said...

Linda, I use the standard sandwich for the Paper Doily die but I add a piece of cardstock between the back of the die and the clear pad to give it a little extra height. Different machines are tighter or more loose so you might need more. I saw where someone took a piece of aluminum flashing (like they use for chimneys) and used that but she had to add a layer of the Mulitpurpose Adhesive Sheet with only one side of the backing paper peeled off to give it a little more thickness. Experiment and see what you come up with that works with your machine.

Anonymous said...

I Love your Work ...I need these doilies, I'n mexican designer. How much ? My e-mail lcuervo56@hotmail.com

Colorado Crafter said...

I'm so glad I happened upon your post about this doily die. I have it and thank goodness I have not had as much trouble as some people have had cutting it out. It didn't work as well as all my other Sizzlit dies, but it was so pretty I kept it and will put up with it's problems. My mother was also a child of the depression era and I have that same "don't waste ANYTHING" mentality. Sometimes I wish I didn't! LOL!! But, I know I have so much more in the long run because of it. So sad more people now days don't have at least a little of that attitude.

pat said...

Thanks.Good info.