Thursday, August 26, 2010

Stampin' Up Team Meeting

I went to a Stampin' Up team meeting in Nashville on Tuesday night and we learned a lot of new techniques and made 6 great projects. We also had a swap and I was very happy with the cards I got.
The first picture shows 3 of the projects we made. All projects were made with stamps and supplies from the new Holiday Mini Catalog that will begin on Sept 1st. First is one of the way cute mini lunch bags, embossed with the new Spider Web embossing folder. Isn't it adorable! These are going to make such great treat bags for lots of different occasions.
Next to the mini lunch bag is a Halloween card using the Wicked Cool stamp set and paper. If you look closely you will see what a nice accent the new Raven Lace Trim is. The other card is a great Fall card using the French Foliage stamp set. It looks like it is made with a pretty Fall leaf patterned paper but the background is stamped card stock. I really like that stamp set. The card also uses the new Extra Large Decorative Label punch.
The second picture shows the Christmas projects we made. There are 2 tags on each side, I'm definitely planning to teach some tag classes the next couple of months. The first tag uses the wonderful Gold Waffle Paper. It is a great touch, gathered above and below the stamped image. I can't wait to find other ways to use this unique paper.
The Christmas card in the middle is made using the Candy Cane Christmas Designer paper. It is hard to tell from the picture but the red stripes are glittery. It is such beautiful paper! Notice the Silver Tinsel Trim on the card too? It is a very unique and beautiful trim. The other tag is made on one of the tags from the Two Tags die. It is stamped with the cute little snowman stamp from the Jolly Old Saint Nick set. One of the stamps in that set reminds me of the Santa head that mom used to hang on the front door every year.
After making all these projects I'm getting excited about all the Halloween and Christmas projects I can make. We had a card making event today to make cards for the soldiers and we made all Christmas cards. I'm going to be thinking it is supposed to be December if I keep working on Christmas projects! I'm pretty excited about the holiday mini catalog. It has so many great stamp sets and many other great products to use to make your holidays more special.

No comments: