Friday, August 20, 2010

Sneek Peek!

I should be posting pictures of projects you can make with stamp sets and paper from the current catalog or the Summer Mini Catalog that expires in about 2 1/2 weeks but I've been so excited about the goodies the UPS man has been delivering to my door that I just wanted to share a few of them, a sneak peek! The main Holidays featured in the Holiday Mini Catalog are Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentine's Day. Beware! My wish list from this mini catalog is about the same length as the one from the big catalog! I love the new papers and stamp sets and there are so many wonderful new embelishments and punches and dies!

First, here is what the Holiday Mini Catalog looks like. Be sure to contact me if you need one. wrightplace4@mindspring.com Did you notice the fabric? Yes, Stampin' Up is featuring fabric in this new catalog! They have 2 sets, the one shown on the front of the mini and the one shown in this first picture of the Christmas goodies I have ordered so far. One thing I have noticed about the fabrics is that they aren't totally Christmas and Christmas only. You can use them for lots of different occasions. I'm not sure what I'm going to make yet, probably a Scalloped Square die cut purse but I will have lots of scraps left over to use on cards and scrapbook pages. I used to use torn strips of fabric on scrapbook pages a lot but haven't done that in several years. Expect to see that look again VERY soon!

Other things to note in the picture of Christmas products, isn't that paper georgous! AND, it matches the fabric! Won't it be fun to have coordinating paper and fabric to do your Christmas projects this year? Did you see the extra-sparkly Glass Glitter? It is going to give amazing sparkle to your projects! They have 2 colors, this one is Champaigne and the other one is Silver.

Did you also notice that the XL Decorative Label Punch can be used to punch out 2 of the labels in the Tags Till Christmas stamp set to the right? I love when there is a punch to make it easier to create great cards and pages. I used this punch for the August layout class too. I'm also loving the XL circle punch - 2 1/2"! I've been wanting a larger circle punch for a long time and this is going to be perfect for so many things.
On to the Halloween picture, again, georgous paper that will be fun to create with. This paper is actually from the big catalog but I wanted to show it with the other Halloween things I have. The "Wicked Fun" paper pack has 2 sheets of flocked paper. If you notice the back of each page has a design that isn't strictly Halloween so you can use your scraps all year for other projects. I noticed that last year with the Halloween paper so I was glad it is the same this year. I really like the chandelier paper on the back of the orange Spooky one.
The Wicked Cool stamp set is also from the regular catalog. There is that fun chandelier again :~) Since it is almost September I will be stamping with this set very soon. The other stamp set is called Paisley Prints, one of the sets we got at the Stampin' Up convention. I like how it has Fall, Christmas and Valentine's Day all together in one set. The wheel is the matching Paisley Party wheel. It will go with all the seasons, just roll it in a different color to match!

One of my favorite things in the Halloween line-up is the Spider Web Embossing Folder. It is going to be fun to create with that. And the black lace is very pretty, delicate but spooky at the same time. It will look great on Halloween projects but will also work for many of your Christmas projects too.
I'm planning to have a Christmas card class every month until Christmas. The one for August will be on the 31st at 10AM or 7PM. We will make 10 cards, 2 each of 5 designs. The class will be $10 or free with a $25 order.
The other classes I have left in August are a scrapbook class next Friday, the 27th at 2PM. A picture of the layout is on my August 13th post. We will be learning to make the beautiful ribbon roses for this layout. Email me to sign up for any of the classes: wrightplace4@mindspring.com I hope I'll see you at a class soon!

1 comment:

shermala said...

I love the way you showcased the products!