Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Stamp Camp Projects

I participated in a Stamp Camp while I was in Salt Lake City before the Stampin' Up Convention. We made 8 wonderful projects. I haven't posted them yet because I didn't put them together so they wouldn't get smashed on the flight home. I finally got them put together except for one which is probably my favorite and I'll be doing a class soon using it. But today I'll show you the other projects.


First is a beautiful, all Very Vanilla card taught by CaroleAnn, Sandy and Lee. I think they gave Sandy credit for designing it. It uses lots of embossing and dies so the Big
Shot was working double time getting everything cut for the class. The card is beautiful inside and out!
5 of the projects are in this picture. I got the information about the teachers in each class but I haven't found it since I got home. If you were one of the teachers and see this post before I find the info and edit it to add your names, just let me know and I'll post your blog links too.
In the front is a cute little "pizza box" that contains the little 3X3" cards to the right of the box. Wouldn't this cute box filled with note cards be a great Christmas present or beginning of the year teacher present?
Behind the pizza box is a very nice butterfly basket. The little butterflies laying in front of it are the cutest tiny little butterfly note cards. This is an amazing project and another great gift! Next to it is a cute wristlet purse with the butterfly pansies on the flap. This was designed by Gretchen. I put some velcro on it to hold it closed. Humm, what should I put in there? Candy, note cards, a gift card? It is a small purse but it could be filled with lots of fun stuff.
In the back are 2 boxes, the Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry box is an explosion box but it is a bit different that what I have made before. I'll share the inside in another post. The box with the brown ribbon tying it closed is a cupcake box. We used vellum on the top which you can kind of see through but I think window sheets would be fantastic so you could see the cupcake clearly. I'll have to show the inside and how the box is constructed in another post too. It is very clever and a great way to give a small token but dress it up so it makes a lot of impact!
I am enjoying being back home and trying to recuperate from my vacations. I'm waiting for that elusive day when I can stay home all day and do nothing - I seriously need a few naps! I have grape juice to can and I'm wondering if I can get enough hunters out here to take care of the deer who ate ALL of my peas while I was at convention. When is hunting season anyway? I saw 2 deer in my yard at 3:30 this morning. I was sleeping good but Molly sensed they were out there and started barking. I hate waking up like that! I managed to pick some butterbeans today but the deer have been enjoying them too. You would think they would be eating the apples that have fallen on the ground under the apple tree. I need to start canning those too.
The fun never ends.

No comments: