Monday, July 26, 2010

I Love A Parade!

I was kind of disappointed that I would have to miss the Pioneer Day Parade because the convention was all day Saturday too. If you don't know, July 24th is the day the Pioneers came into the Salt Lake Valley and knew that was where they would settle. They have a state holiday on the 24th and a huge parade, fireworks and lots of other activities to celebrate. The parade in Salt Lake City is maybe the 3rd largest in the country, only beat out by the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the Rose Bowl Parade. I was
delighted that the floats were lining up right in front of where I had been parking all week! For the 3 blocks to the Salt Palace I got to see lots of floats and a few pioneers :~) It was funny to see people dressed up as pioneers waiting at the Trax station for the next train. I included the KFC float, did you know the first KFC was built in Salt Lake City? Colonel Sanders tried many times (I don't know the exact number but it seems like it was 80 something) to get a bank to help him open the first resturant. The first banker to agree to help him was in Salt Lake City. That was 1952, even before I was born!

Anyway, you might enjoy the float pictures and history lesson but I know you came by to see pictures from the convention! I've got lots (like hundreds) so on to the business at hand.

They always have a bunch of display boards with samples of all styles and colors. I took pictures of most of them so I can look back and get inspiration for future projects. It is fun to see all the great ideas people come up with. The first board on the left has projects from demonstrators all over. Do you recognize a layout from me??

If you click on the pictures you will be able to see the cards better. They are pretty microscopic here with so many cards in such a small space.

I also wanted to show how they do demonstrations to nearly 3000 demonstrators in the same room. We could all see great with the 8 jumbo tron boards they had! This isn't a very good picture but you get the idea. Even in the back I could see tiny details of the projects. More tomorrow!

No comments: