Friday, May 20, 2011

What Was I Thinking! Challenge

Wow, that was a quick week!  It has been nearly a week since I posted anything.  Thanks for coming back to visit me  :~)

I'm in a group with about 1700 Stampin' Up demonstrators and they post a challenge every week.  Sometimes I get to play but usually I have other things going on and don't get time to enter the challenge.  The challenge for this week was a "What Was I Thinking" challenge where we were to go back and CASE the first card on our blogs if we have a blog. 

I thought the first card I posted on my blog would have to be fabulous!  I started my blog in Jan 2009, I had been stamping for over 20 years and had been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for several years so I was sure I would have posted a card that reflected my "abilities" as a stamper.

Then I went back and looked at the first card I posted - WHAT WAS I THINKING???????
Seriously, I REALLY don't like that card!  I can't believe I posted it first.  To say nothing of my photography.  I had a terrible camera back then and I hadn't discovered a close up setting if that old camera even had one. 

Here is where you can see that first disaster card.

At first I was going to use the same stamp set I used in my original card since it is a current set  and use a different background set and different colors.  Then I decided that since I hadn't played with the new 3-step punch yet, I would use it on the card instead of the stamps.  I did the Tempting Turquoise card first and decided to go softer and did the pink one. 

Turquoise card:  Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss and Daffodil Delight cardstock, Medallion background stamp and Teeny Tiny Verses sentiment stamp.  Punches were Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch, Modern Label Punch and Word Window.  Leaves were punched with the Blossom Petals Punch.

Pink Card:  Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue and Kiwi Kiss cardstock.  Stamps used, Baroque Motifs for the background and Teeny Tiny Verses for the sentiment.   Punches were the same as the turquoise card.  Both cards use the Flower Brads, they are a great little embellishment and are available in all 4 color families. 

Here is the link to that first disaster card: http://stampinreckon.blogspot.com/2009/01/card-to-start-filling-tin.html

It was fun to case myself and I like the new cards much better than the original.  They aren't my favorites but they are better!  I had fun playing with the new punch too.  I've got several other ideas in mind for this one and I reckon I need to order the doily one too.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Funny!

Unknown said...

I recently opened up a box full of all the old formals I made for myself in high school. I had just about the same reaction to 90% of them as you had to that first card! I hate looking at my poor workmanship and odd styles. I think I just shoved all of them back in the box to deal with later because I just couldn't handle looking at all of them!

The good news is that my work is SO much better now! I'm sure you feel the same about your own. And I love to see your ideas and the wonderful things you continue to make! Love these cards--those flower punch-outs are so cute!