Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Card to start filling the tin . . .


This is a quick and easy card. It uses the white/Tempting Turquise/Lovely Lilac color combination in my cardstock. I used the Priceless set and the French Flair background stamp stamped with Taken With Teal ink. The French Flair stamp is discontinued which is a shame because I loved the swirly background on my cards. The thing I didn't like about it was the birds. On this card I solved that problem by using the butterfly stamp and the "So Kind" from the Priceless set(Also in Taken With Teal) to cover the birds. I punched them out with the oval and circle punches and inked the edges with Taken With Teal ink.
I like to add layers to my cards, they just don't seem finished to me without a layer or two. Most cards also seem to need some kind of 3-D embellishment on them and a bit of ribbon. This card has a lenth of ribbon at the bottom with a buckle on one side. I think this is a nice little card to send to someone you need to tell how thankful you are for something they did for you.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Beautiful card. i need to make me a tin like that for the many cards that I have sitting around. You do a great job on your stuff.