Friday, January 30, 2009

Embossed layout


I was going to do a step by step tutorial for the emerging color card that I posted yesterday. I know I have clear embossing powder somewhere but with the move it doesn't seem to have made it into my new stamping room, or maybe it's burried somewhere. . .

So, today I'll post another embossing project we did at a class a few months ago. The first step is to stamp the large flowers in versa mark and emboss with white embossing powder. Actually, since it is on white paper you could use clear embossing powder. After it was embossed I stamped the foliage across the layout and rubbed the ink off the embossed area with a paper towel. This stamp set is called Inspired By Nature and is still available but on the dormant list.
I lightly drew a pencil line where I was going to place the Tempting Turquoise strips of cardstock so I would know where to stop sponging. I used a stamping sponge to apply Appricot Appeal, Tempting Turquoise and Certainly Celery ink around the flower to help it stand out on the page.
I used the same 3 colors of ink to stamp the Seeing Spots stamp set on the other side of the pencil line. Who needs patterned paper???? This layout is totally cardstock, no patterned paper at all.

I stamped the title "My Favoites" with the Short Order alphabet set and clipped it on with the ever so cute Mini Library Clips. I had a list of possible favorites printed out on white cardstock that class members could choose to journal about after punching them out with the Word Window Punch. The list of favorites included: Food, Movie, Snack, Book, Game, Vacation, Music, Time of Day, Holiday, Color, Celebrity, and TV Show. Adhere them to cardstock mats that coordinate with the rest of the layout and journal about yourself. I even had a picture that was taken last March at the Relief Society birthday party that really matched the colors of the layout that I used. The buttercups (that's what most people in TN call daffodils) were in pint canning bottles and I made the little fringed drawstring purses to cover the jars.

Now I need to go order clear embossing powder.

3 comments:

The Wheelers said...

great layout! i go in and out with embossing, it's pretty messy. right now i'm doing simple layouts so i can bust out as many pages as possible...i'm so behind! william & jonathon had an entire album by the time they were one. owen is 15 months and has about 10 pages. next thursday i'm only scrapbooking owen!

elaine said...

I did an entire album of Wendy's first year a few years back but couldn't find enough pictures of the other 3 kids to do an album. Shoot, I probably couldn't even make a mini album of Holly or Travis with their first year photos! It is really hard to take as many pictures of the 3rd or 4th child as it is the first. Oh, if I could go back. . .

Mike and Wendy said...

I'm impressed at how often you're posting! Especially with the move.

So far, I can proudly say there is not a shortage of pictures of my
2nd born. Let's hope I can keep that up!