Monday, May 9, 2011

Sweet

Here are a couple of ideas using metal.  I love how it embosses with the embossing folders and the Beautiful Butterflies Sizzlet!  Both projects pair embossed metal with the Paisley Petals DSP.  This great paper will be available in the new catalog when it comes out in July.  I'm getting antsy for the new catalog, less than 2 months away!!!
How do you like the hexagon box?  I used a clear window sheet for the box but you could use DSP or cardstock too.  The top and bottom are made from Stampin' Up's Fancy Flower punch with a strip punched with the scalloped border punch wrapped around to hold them together.  How fun is that?  The idea for these fun hexagon boxes came from Kim Score, check out her video tutorial.  You could put lots of different kinds of candy in the tube or maybe some lotion, nail polish or, hummmm, cut it smaller and put a set of keys to a new car in there!  I reckon I'm thinking big today  :~) 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! the gold metal is beautiful with the DSP color & design!

I added myself as a follower on your blog. Would you please follow mine?
www.CardsByShawnie.blogspot.com

Have a great day!

~Shawnie

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful! I love how metal offers such a different texture and color and shine to everything.