Monday, May 30, 2011

2 Very Different But Both Beautiful Cards

I got 2 cards last week from fellow Stampin' Up Demonstrators.  They are both beautiful cards but also very different from each other.  First, this gorgeous green card was made by Sheryl Walker.  She used some of the new DSP that will be in the NEW Stampin' Up catalog which will be released July 1st!  I'm excited about the new catalog, can't wait to see what new goodies Stampin' Up has for us!  I get to see the new catalog online June 1st and a copy will be sent to me with my first order (which I will place ON June 1st!!!).  I love sneak peeks, I always hated waiting for Christmas day . . .

Anyway, I love how Sheryl gathered the ribbon and placed pearls on each side of the card.  It's a great touch and when you look at it, the card is so simple yet simply beautiful.

The other card I got last week was from Deb Currier.  She used soft colors and the Strength and Hope stamp set to create a beautiful card.  Again, I love the ribbon treatment.  She pleated a length of Pretty in Pink striped ribbon and then tied the narrow Baja Blue piece of ribbon on top of it.  Great touch!  I love unusual ribbon treatments.

Thanks Sheryl and Deb for making the walk to the mail box more fun! 

No comments: