Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!  I have neglected to post any Mother's Day ideas, I guess partly because my sweet mother-in-law died about 7 years ago and my own mother died 2 years ago.  Mostly though, I think it is just because I've been so busy I just didn't realize it is May already!

I did think the other day that I should have had my Strength and Hope class before Mother's day and given the students the option to stamp a Mother's Day sentiment instead.  They are all perfect for a Mother's Day card.  If your mom isn't into pink, you could change the color to her favorite and have a nice card for her.

Here is a preview of one of the cards for next month's Strength and Hope class.  I used a Rhinestone Brad for the butterfly's head and put some Stampin' Dimensionals under it's wings to give it more depth.  This is another quick and easy card. 

This card features just the "Hope" part of the "H" stamp in the Strength and Hope set.  I stamped it on Pretty in Pink cardstock and punched it out with a 1" circle punch.  The center of the flower is a bottle cap.  Did you know you can place a bottle cap inbetween the cutting pads and run it through the Big Shot machine and it squashes them down like this?  Pretty cool!  I had 1" acrylic centers to place over the cardstock to make the center look nice.  You could also use Crystal Effects over the cardstock if you didn't have the acrylic centers.

The die cut flower is called Fun Flowers, don't you just love the shapes of th flowers?  I really like this new die.  It was in the Occasions Mini catalog so it isn't in the big catalog yet.  You can still order it though!  The egg stamp from the Nature's Walk stamp set has been discontinued with the end of the Occasions Mini catalog though.  I'm so sad to see it go, it is a great stamp set.  I'm glad I ordered it though!

 Another card made with the Strength and Hope stamp set.  Don't forget, $2 from the sale of each of these sets goes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  My mother-in-law beat breast cancer only to die from another cancer.  This is such a worthy cause and the stamp set is great for so many cards or scrapbook pages. 

So, whether you are using the set for a cancer paitent, cancer survivor or a Mother's Day card, I hope you will buy it and enjoy creating with it for many years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are very talented! Your colors and designs are beautifully put together. ")
~Shawnie