Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sweet Pea Cards

I made a couple of cards today when I went to a friend's house to crop. There were 5 of us there and we laughed and created and had a good time. I brought my new Stampin' Up goodies from the new Occassions Mini Catalog and Sale-a-bration catalog. I used the Sweet Pea paper (of course), the sheet with the big trees on it. I also got the new Pinking Hearts Border punch so I had to use it a lot too!


Both cards also use the Sale-a-bration stamp set called Vintage Labels. The set has 3 different labels (which all have a coordinating punches, quick and easy!) and 3 different sentiments. I got them in the clear mount option so it was easy to center the sentiment inside the label.


The card on the left is a square card. I mounted a square of Old Olive on the card and then a piece of Whisper White that was punched on either side with the Pinking Hearts Border punch. I mounted the smaller tree from the paper onto Chocolate Chip cardstock and added the label with a bit of ribbon under it.

The other card uses the larger tree double mounted on Taken With Teal and Old Olive cardstock. The Old Olive layer was also punched with the Pinking Hearts Border punch and I added a bird from the Two Step Bird punch. I used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Vintage Labels set and the stamp that matches the Curly Label Punch and tied a length of the 5/8" Old Olive Satin ribbon around it.

3 comments:

dawnd said...

Love these - this paper is AWESOME!!

Heather Wachtman said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for January 16th. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

Angela said...

Congratulations Elaine!