Monday, January 18, 2010

Self-made "embossing folder" Valentine's Card

Here is a Valentine's card that I made the other morning when I woke up with the idea for the embossed heart background and kissed circles on my mind. I guess it is at least semi-normal to dream designs for cards or scrapbook pages. It seems like when I dream a design they always work out good and I was not disappointed with this one!



Valentine's Day is less than a month away so it will be here before we know it! I plan to post several fun Valentine's projects over the next few weeks. It is always fun to find to tell your loved ones how much you care and sometimes the little things mean so much.






For the embossed heart background, I punched a lot of herarts from the Heart to Heart punch and arranged 1 layer on a 5 1/4 X 4" piece of cardstock. When I had them arranged the way I wanted them, I adhered them. I added 2 additional layers of each heart so there were 3 layers in each stack.


For the sandwich to emboss the heart background I used the Big Shot platform on Tab 1, a cardstock shim, a standard clear pad, the impressions pad, the Real Red cardstock, the piece I created with the hearts facing down on the red cardstock and another standard clear pad with another cardstock shim.






I had cut the Real Red cardstock to 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" so I trimmed 1/4" off the top and bottom and punched the right edge with the new Pinking Hearts Border punch. I tied a length of Organza Ribbon about a third of the way in on the left side.

Using the excess circle from the middle of the Somethng Sweet set (I couldn't stand to throw it away!), I inked it with Real Red ink, then stamped the heart from the set onto it several times to remove heart shaped images. This technique is called "kissing" (how appropriate for a Valentine's card). Then I stamped it onto Whisper White cardstock. I did this again so I had 2 of these circles. The 1 3/8" punch fits this circle perfectly so I used it to punch them out.

I stamped the sentiment from the Well Scripted set and punched it out with the Full Heart punch. I mounted the heart and circles on Stampin' Dimensionals over the ribbon.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Cute. I need to come up with some great ideas for the kids for their teachers and class.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Brenda Marshall said...

great idea Elaine! love it, thanks for sharing! Brenda