Saturday, January 2, 2010

3 Cards and Blog Candy Hint

I whipped out 3 cards today, Stampin' Up's new Sweet Pea paper stack just keeps speaking to me! I used the scraps from the 2 layouts I've done the last few days and some of my other new goodies. The new stuff will be available Tuesday so be sure to let me know if you see something you need. I'll be posting links to download the new mini catalogs soon.

I thought the "Small Wonder" sentiment would be perfect for a new baby card to go with the gift I got for my cousin's new grandbaby. I also used some of the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt flowers and the Scallop Trim Border punch. The border punch and the Whimsical Words stamp set are from the Sale-a-Bration catalog. These will be available for free during the sale from Jan 5 - March 31. Did you see the new Old Olive satin ribbon? Isn't it beautiful! It is so thick and obviously a great quality ribbon.


I love the Taken With Teal color and this patterned paper using it is so cool! It may be my favorite in the Sweet Pea paper stack. Actually, I think I have about 10 favorites! This paper is so easy to work with. The orange polka dot paper is the back side of the teal stripedy dotty one. I used the matching corner punch to the Scallop Trim Border punch. I just punched the bottom corners to add a simpler touch to the card. I used a piece of Pumpkin Pie ribbon and I also used the Two Step Bird punch and the Whimiscal Words stamp set.


Next, a birthday card that uses another great sentiment set called Well Scripted. Isn't it a georgous script! Since my handwriting totally stinks I just love fancy fonts like this. I also used the Very Vintage wheel across the bottom in Chocolate Chip and at the top in Old Olive. This fabulous wheel and stamp set are both in the Occasions Mini catalog, along with the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt. 52 pieces of felt for $7.95, that makes them about .15 each. That is a great value for stitched, layered felt. The polka-dot paper is also from the Sweet Pea stack.


OK, on to another hint about my blog candy. The reason I'm offering it has something to do with the date yesterday. Not making any resolutions or anything though! If you've been following my blog for a while you might catch on. It has nothing to do with a new grandbaby which I'm pretty sure isn't happening within the next 9 months and no, it isn't my 29th birthday. That was a very long time ago. My youngest was 2 then and he just turned 27! Hey, I think I just gave away my real age (if you care to do the math).

Angie, I do need to purge some of my scrap supplies but I didn't make a New Year's resolution to do it. I stopped making New Year's resolutions several years ago because I never keep them!
I should have a scrapbook yard sale! The main problem with that is getting it organized. I'm the world's worst at sorting and organizing. It hurts my brain. Seriously.

Let's hear some more guesses as to why I wanted to offer blog candy on Jan 1st. (Remember, it has something to do with the date).

3 comments:

Holly said...

I am going to guess it is because the date has all 1's and 0's? That was an awesome game. Glad ya'll were able to go with us to see the Globetrooters. Dalten really enjoyed it and is still talking about it.

Angela said...

Its your blog anniversary! Happy Anniversary! I know I'm not the first but hey...you deserve the congratulations anyway! Keep em coming!

AK Donna M said...

January 1 = blog's first birthday! I really admire people that commit to making projects & sharing them with the rest of us. Here's to many more. Thank you!