Thursday, January 7, 2010

More Sweet Pea cards

Today is a snow day here. Those of you from points North might laugh when you hear that we closed school before it started snowing and we only got about 3/4 inch. Tennessee snow is so much different from the snow we had in Alaska, it is icy under the snow and the roads are very dangerous. The freeway and major roads are ok because they sprayed the brine mixture on them but the back roads are too dangerous for the teenagers to be driving on to school. Actually, there have been a few cars run off the road in front of my house and they weren't all teenage drivers!

Since it is cold and the roads are icy I stayed home and stamped. I made 2 cards and did another project that needs more work before I photograph it. OK, so I did more than stamp today, it didn't take me 8 hours to make 2 cards!
The first card uses a technique I taught at a scrapbook class last year (the card is on the top, the scrapbook page underneath it). I put the pleated "lace" border under photo mats and on a corner embellishment on the layout we did for the class, I just put it at the bottom of the Designer Paper on the card. I used the Stampin' Up! Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper along with Old Olive and Chocolate Chip cardstock. I used a length of the new 5/8 Sat in Ribbon to cover the seam of the pleats. The sentiment is from the Well Scripted stamp set.

The second card is called a double slider card. It has a lot more impact when you see it opened in real life but when you pull on the ribbon at the top of the card a piece of cardstock comes up from the bottom and top. You can add a picture or write a personal message on these fun slide-0ut pieces. The card is a little tricky but fairly easy to make. This will definitely be showing up in a class soon. I used the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper again along with Taken With Teal, Pretty in Pink and Old Olive Cardstock, another length of the 5/8" Old Olive Satin Ribbon, brads, Ticket Corner Punch and the new Two Step Bird punch. The sentiments on the pull outs are both from the Well Scripted set.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love the effects of the slider cards. They do have that "wow" suprise element. Great postings!