Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Three Cards

I took the time today to finish up 2 cards and make a third one.
The first card uses the Sweet Centers stamp set. I hadn't used the Christmas ornament hook from that set yet so I needed to use it before Christmas. I wanted to put the Real Red cardstock through the Big Shot with the Petals a Plenty embossing folder but I wan't sure if the heat embossed ornament hook stamp would look ok after the dry embossing, would the embossing powder chip or flake off? I tried it both ways, look at the picture on the right, the Top Note die on the left was embossed with the embossing folder first and the one on the right was heat embossed first and then dry embossed. It looks better to heat emboss first.

Don't look too close at the card though. I made it with the other side of the DSP first but it seemed too busy so I peeled it off, rubbed off the adhesive and flipped it over. I liked the stripes so much better but there are a couple of scuffs from peeling it off! I do need to make 4 of these cards for the grandkids to put on their Christmas cards. They will love getting the M&M's.
Second, this is a simple card and is also quick and easy. I used some of the Merry Moments Designer paper along with the Tree Trimmings stamp set for the strings and bows. Don't look closely at the string on the far right, I goofed up that one :~)
The wide oval punch works great with the Merry Christmas stamp from the Holiday Best set but I didn't have a bigger punch to mat it on. I tried the scalloped oval die from the Magnetic Movers and Shapers Punch Window set and it was just barely peeking around the edges of the Wide Oval. I decided to cut 2 of them and they matted it perfectly. I added 3 buttons from the Button Latte Designer Buttons to imitate ornaments before mounting it on Old Olive cardstock.
The last card I finished up today isn't a Christmas card but a birthday card. I ran half of the front of the card through the Big Shot with the Petals a Plenty embossing folder and stamped on the top half of it. Other than the ribbon, there are no layers on this card. Simple, quick and pretty.
I reckon I'll head to bed. Tomorrow will be a busy day!

No comments: