Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Cards

I need to start working on my Christmas cards, I haven't even decided on a design yet. I've seen so many great ideas, it's hard to choose. I'm posting some pictures of the Christmas card swaps I got at the Stampin' Up! Regional meeting in Chattanooga in October. First are the ones I made. I ran out of the blue paper and switched to the black and red. I really like them both, I never could decide which was my favorite. The card uses the Delightful Decorations stamp set. I love the set because it is a beautiful set but I love it even more because there is a punch that matches it! It is so much quicker to make a card when you don't have to hand-cut the image out.

The top card here is simple but beautiful. She used the Elegant Boquet embossing folder to emboss the red cardstock, punched the Double Rectangle punch to thread the ribbon through, colored the flower centers with the Signo white gel pen and stamped the sentiment on white cardstock, then punched it out with the Modern Label punch.

The card under it is very pretty. She stamped the poinsettia from the Christ is Born set on white cardstock, then stamped the Christ is Born and scripture on vellum and embossed it. Another quick card that is very beautiful.

The next 2 cards are also beautiful but a little more involved. The top one uses the Scenic Season set for the trees and the dove from A Wish for Peace stamp set. This card has lots of sparkle and is just beautiful!

The last card features the Merry Moments Designer Series Paper for the background and A Cardinal Christmas set for the main image which has been beautifully colored and shaded. The berries were colored red and then highlighted with the Signo White gel pen.

I got my first 3 Christmas cards in the mail today (hi Lauren, loved the family picture. The couch looks strangely familiar) so I guess I need to decide on a card design and get working on them.

No comments: