Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Brand new goodies!

I've been so busy with Christmas and life in general that I haven't had much time to play with my new supplies from Stampin' Up's upcoming new catalogs. I made 2 projects with the new butterfly sizzlets die (I'm just crazy about that die) but it needs to be used a LOT more! I will be posting some new projects soon but today is another busy day so hopefully tomorrow. The die is called Beautiful Wings and it has 5 different butterflies on it, what a great value! They are all embossed with different designs and they are just beautiful! So quick and easy to cut them out and add to your cards or pages. I love, love, love these little butterflies!
For today, let me share some pictures of a few of the new products I got. The paper in the background of these pictures is from the new Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper. It is a thick pad of paper, like the slabs from other companies and it is just beautiful! It has 2 each of 24 double sided papers for 48 sheets in all. I'm just itching to get a layout done from this paper. It is speaking to me but I haven't had the time to listen!
First, most of you have probably heard about the acrylic mount stamps that are now available. I like the idea although I really love the wood but the packaging is a deal-sealer to me! Look how it has a full size picture of each stamp on the front of the package (a sturdy DVD case) and not only the name of the set but thumbnails of the stamps on the side. Can we say, space saving storage that is super easy to see???
One of the things I don't like about my stamp storage in a drawer is trying to see the set that is in the case if I'm not sure from the name of the set. Now I can see them all without having to dig! Another really great thing about the clear mount stamps is that they cost less! They are made from the same great quality rubber with our deeply etched designs for smooth stamping but without the price of the wood you save money too. It doesn't get much better than that!

How about these punches?? Yet another new design that will make storage and locating what you are looking for easier. They have thumbnails on the sides and lock closed for more compact storage. There are 8 new punches coming out when the Occasions Mini catalog goes active on Jan 5! One of them (the border set used to punch the white square is going to be free! During Sale-a-Bration (Jan 5-March 31) you can get this border punch free with a $50 order. More about Sale-a-Bration later.















Look at the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt in the middle of the top picture. I haven't been a fan of felt on my scrapbook pages but this beautiful set is quickly changing my mind. I love the bright colors and they match the Sweet Pea Designer paper perfectly. There are 52 pieces in this package! I'm anxious to see what I can do with them.
I also have a shaped board book that is very cool. I'll be working on something wonderful with it. There are 3 mini board books in the Occasions Mini catalog that are going to be fun to create with.

No comments: