Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summertime!

Summertime certainly can get busy!  Not only have I been spending time in my garden and enjoying fresh veggies, I have been getting those fresh veggies in the freezer.  On July 4th I got up early (5:30) and went out to pick the corn before the squirrels got any more of it.  They had knocked down 5 stalks and nibbled on the corn so I was determined to beat them to the rest!  I picked 127 ears of corn before going to a flag ceremony/pancake breakfast at church.  After we got home we spent a couple of hours getting the corn cooked, cut off the cob and into freezer bags.  I saw on Pinterest where you could cook the corn in the oven with the husks and silks on and cut off the bottom instead of the top and shake the cob out without any silks so we did it that way.  We must have let it cool down too much because it wasn't completely silk free but it tastes so good being cooked in the husks that I will probably always cook it like that now.

But I'm pretty sure you didn't come here to read about my corn crop.  I'm finally getting around to posting some of the cards we made at the Spring Retreat last month.  These cards all use a great set called  Embellished Events.  They also use the new In Colors. 

The set has 11 stamps in it, 6 drawings and 5 sentiments.  It is quite a versatile set.

This one also uses some of the Polka Dot Designer Series Paper in the In Colors.  I love it!

We used the cute little flowers on this card and the owl punch for a vase.  Notice the pierced holes along the scalloped edge?  We have a template for that now!  I love when things coordinate.

No comments: