Saturday, July 14, 2012

Convention!

Guess where I am.  Nope!  I am in the Dallas Airport on a 4 hour layover on my way to Salt Lake City for the Stampin' Up convention that is next week.  Gotta love wifi and a charging island!  The trip has been very smooth so far.  No mad dashes through the airport with them calling my name over the intercom like happened a couple of years ago!  There was an adorable 2 year old in the seat in front of me who was so excited about the take off that it reminded me of how wonderful flying is.  He was VERY enthusiastic about looking down at the trees and houses and cars.  Totally cracked me up.  He was very good on the flight too.  They are flying to Alaska to visit his uncle, he will get plenty more opportunities for those wonderful take offs today!

I have a couple of swaps from the Spring Retreat to share with you before I go to the convention where I'll get lots more fun projects to share.
I love the rustic colors and distressing on this card.  It uses a new set called Blooming with Kindness.  It has that beautiful flower and 5 sentiments, a very nice set, maybe I should get it!

This card uses a new stamp set and a new embossing folder.  The stamp set is called Forever With You and is a 4 stamp set.  The embossing folder is the Chevron folder.  It adds a nice touch to the card.

I have joined several convention swaps plus I have 100 swap cards underway.  They are cut I just have to stamp them and adhere it all together.  I brought everything (except the clear blocks) in my carry on bag.  Unfortunately, without the blocks I can't stamp them.  Oh well, I brought a good book to read too.  I'll have a few days before convention starts to finish the cards.


Here is another one of the projects we made at the retreat.  It is a fun card that folds to the middle like flaps of a box and opens up to show the message you want to send.  I think I will be making more cards like this, it is so cute and unexpected.  The double sided DSP makes it pop with fun and color.  Maybe I'll do a little tutorial for you when I get back home in case you want measurements and details.


2 comments:

Julie said...

I love this card and would be excited to see a tutorial on how to make it. Thanks for sharing.

Janelle said...

I just wanted to thank you for the floor swap today at convention! It is such a pleasure to get such great cards!!!!