Saturday, July 21, 2012

Stampin' Up Convention - wish you were here!

I'm sooo tired!  I'm having a great time and learning a lot but no naps, late nights and early mornings are starting to catch up with me!   I've been meaning to post every day but there has just been too much going on.  This will be a quick post.  I've taken 384 pictures so I'm sure there will be more coming very soon.

If you have never been to  the Stampin' Up convention, just imagine 3500 demonstrators swapping, visiting and screaming excitedly at all of the new ideas.  Then there are the convention boards.  Wow, hundreds, no- thousands of great card and craft ideas!  Here is a picture of the rows of boards.  It is just amazing to see all these beautiful samples all together! 

Before the convention officially started on Wednesday I went to some pre-convention events.  Monday and Tuesday I helped teach at a stamp camp.  Here I am with Shelly and Jennie holding the little boxes we taught.  I will put up a tutorial next week so you can see how to make these cute boxes. 


Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I also participated in some shoe box swaps.  We divided into groups of 7 because we had prepared kits for 6 people (and we didn't have to make our own project).  They gave prizes each day for their favorite projects.  Monday and Wednesday we had to do a 3-D project and Tuesday we were to do a 3-D card.  I saw a easel card on Stampin' Connection (the board for Stampin' Up demonstrators) using the 2-tags die so I came up with a card using that idea.  It was small, cute but not much so I wasn't even looking toward the front of the room when she was announcing the winners.  Then the ladies at my table started yelling, "Elaine, that's yours!"  Sure enough, my little card won!  There were 7 winners I think, out of about 70 projects each day.  Tuesday 3 of the projects at the table I was sitting at won so I took a picture of all 3.  Mine is the Pacific Point blue baby card.  The other baby card is so cute, I have to make some more of these to have on hand when new babies are born!  I have several friends and nieces who are expecting now so I know I'll be needing baby cards soon.
Well, it is late so I reckon I need to hit the hay so I can stay awake for the convention classes tomorrow.  I'm participating in a Wow presentation tomorrow night so it will be another long day.  I know it will be a lot of fun though!  I wish I could have all my friends with me to enjoy the convention, it is just great.  Think about it for next year, it will be Stampin' Up's 25th anniversary next year so I'm sure they will be doing some extra special things then.

No comments: