Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Busy Summer Days

Oh my!  It has been nearly 2 weeks since I posted.  And this will be another quick post.  It is late and I should be in bed.  Here is part of what has been keeping me so busy:

My squash is coming in so fast, I'm getting 6 or 7 a day!  Yum!


The corn has tassled out, it should be ready to pick in a couple of more weeks.


beets are probably my favorite vegatable, I will probably have some for supper tomorrow night, they look ready to pick, don't they?!!




I've been down to the river several times too.  There are definite advantages of living in the country besides the fresh vegetables! 

Our land is along the Red River and there is a nice gravel bar down there where we have picnics and swim.  Everyone loves that place!
The kids love to gather rocks and shells when they go to the river.  They piled the little picnic table so full of treasures that they had to put their plates on the bench and stand to eat.  Silly kids!


Saturday I went to a Stampin' Up retreat and this was a demonstration someone did, I wish I could remember who!  They took the triangular folded bookmark idea and used it as an ornament and a sucker holder.  Ingenious!  I just love a great idea.  

I haven't had time to take pictures of the other projects we did or of the swaps yet.  Or at least I haven't taken the time.  Mostly I get busy and forget.  My niece's wedding reception is tomorrow night and I have been helping with the decorations, it is going to be great, an outdoor country shin dig  :~)  Next week I will be going to the Youth Conference with the teenagers from church so it will be a busy week.  We will be walking 6-12 miles a day so I've been trying to walk a lot to get ready for it.  I should be ok as far as the heat since I spend a lot of time in the garden already.  I must be out of my mind to sign up for this torture!  My husband found our tent, we have our sleeping bags ready and I'm gathering other camping (and first aid) gear.  I'm actually pretty excited about it, I reckon it won't be easy but it will be great!


No comments: