Wednesday, November 16, 2011

White Embossed Doily

When I saw the Hello Doily stamp in the new catalog I knew it would be one of the first stamps I would order.  It is so pretty and reminds me of all the doilies my mom used to have under her vases and on the backs of chairs.  At the regional meetings I got 2 different swap cards using it with white embossing powder.  They are both gorgeous!  This first one was made by Any Linkel.  It is stamped on Concord Crush cardstock.  After embossing it in white all she had to do was tie a ribbon around, stamp and punch out the sentiment and add a Basic Pearl.  Very easy  but a beautiful card don't you think?


Second, Judy Fetters stamped Hello Doily on Whisper White cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder.  She took a sponge dauber and, starting at the center, applied Rich Razzleberry ink in a circular motion.  Starting at the center means that by the time you get to the edge of the doily the ink will be lighter and you won't get dark circles around the edges.  I reckon that would look as bad as dark circles under your eyes!

Again, tie a bow, add Basic Pearl and a sentiment and another wonderful card finished!  That is the great thing about a perfect stamp, you don't have to work as hard to get a beautiful project.  I really like quick and easy!  As busy as we all are these days we need all the quick and easy we can get.

No comments: