Monday, November 7, 2011

Easy Woven Card Technique

So, did you get to download the free Digital files and play with them over the weekend?  There were some great files!  I went to a weekend crop at a camp in Land Between The Lakes in KY.  It was very nice and I slept much better than I was expecting to.  I taught a Christmas Treats class there that I will be teaching again soon, I'll post when so you can sign up if you can come.

I haven't added the sentiment yet but I finished up this card Saturday and wanted to share.  I'm thinking it will be a Happy Thanksgiving card for my Sister in Law.  I like to leave the sentiment off sometimes and add it when I need a card.  Since Stampin' Up papers and inks all match I can easily stamp a sentiment in Soft Suede ink and it will be complete!   I reckon I need to sponge a little ink around the Word Window punch so it fits with the card better.

I have see several of these woven cards lately and since I have been a basket weaver I love the look and needed to try it myself.  If you haven't done this technique, it is easy and fairly quick.  I stamped the image from Lovely As A Tree 3 times.  One I left whole and I cut the other 2 into strips, one horizontally and the other vertically.  Then I picked a few of the strips and matched them up to the main piece and attached them.  I had enough strips left to do another card too so you might want to stamp 4 images in the first place and leave 2 whole.  When I first made the card it looked bare so I pulled off the strips and sponged some Soft Suede ink around all the edges.  Perfect touch!

Here is another card I made Saturday.  Again, no sentiment and very simple.  I still haven't decided if it is finished or not.  I'm wanting to add ribbon but I'm thinking I need to move the flower up about a half inch and then put the ribbon between it and the sentiment.  Or maybe I will put the ribbon under the sentiment and not need to move the flower.  If you look closely you can see that the flower  is outlined in the Dazzling Details glitter glue that is new in the Holiday Mini Catalog.  I thought about spongine some Not Quite Navy ink around the flower petals but haven't decided if that would help or not.  What do you think?

1 comment:

Patti said...

Great idea. I see a lot of possibilities with this technique. TFS.