Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas Countdown

I had a class today where they made these cute tin Christmas Advent countdown calendars.  We had originally wanted to make the one shown on page 36 of the Holiday Mini Catalog but I had heard other Demonstrators saying that the class took 7 hours to complete!  They are beautiful art pieces but when I saw a version in a tin I knew that was the one I wanted to make.  It only took about 2 hours and they are very cute so I'm glad I decided to go with the simpler version. 

We put pieces of the plaid paper from the Frostwood Lodge DSP pack on the cover and inside the tin.  The number stamps from 25 and Counting were stamped on Whisper White Cardstock and layered onto Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green Cardstock that had been punched with the Postage Stamp punch.  Magnets were put on the back of each one so they can be stored inside the tin and changed out each day.Mostly I alternated the numbers with red and green ink but when I got to Baby Jesus it was time to use red and I just couldn't stamp him in red!  I thought about it and decided that Soft Suede ink would be better.  Then I decided that the reindeer and cup of cocoa should be Soft Suede too.  Then the numbers with snow had to be blue.  I reckon I'm a little obsessive sometimes, right? 

No comments: