Saturday, November 19, 2011

Watercolor Christmas Card

Here is one of the cards we made in our club meeting this week.  We used watercoloring to color in the image from the Tidings of Joy stamp set.  I've noticed that nearly all of my stamps are solid stamps that need no coloring so I wanted to do something a little different this month.  I like the Tidings of Joy stamp set so I ordered it to use to teach some watercoloring techniques.

We used a combination of Watercolor Crayons and Watercolor Pencils, both are Stampin' :Up products that make it fun to color a stamped image.  You can go bold or more subtle like I did on this card.  You can get some good shading if you take just a little time with it.  I was tired and in a hurry to get the card finished so I could go to bed so I didn't do as good a job of coloring as I could have. 

I love that image of Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus.  It is sweet and simple and everyone, including the animals look peaceful.  With just over a month left until Christmas I need to decide if I'm going to use this Tidings of Joy set for my Christmas cards or go with O Come Let Us Adore Him with the wisemen on it.  I don't have much time to decide and start getting them made!

No comments: