This is my blog where I share things I create with my Stampin' Up products and stamps. I love to make cards, 3-D projects and scrapbook pages.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
I've been very busy the last few days. Not only have I had the usual Christmas preparations, I joined a recipe swap with a twist. It is an MDS digital recipe swap! The book is going to be so pretty when it is finished. It started out as a Christmas cookie swap but there is a variety of recipes that aren't all Christmas cookies. I also volunteered to help some people who don't have the MDS program make their recipes. I'll share a few of these pages with you today.
First, the Chocolate Surprise cookies are one of my kid's favorite cookies I used to make at Christmas time. The last time I made them I had trouble finding the Chocolate stars at the store. I don't know if they still make them anymore but kisses would work too. I used the Real Red polka dot DSP for the background and then did a layer of Whisper White but changed the opacity so it looks like vellum. I did that partly because I like the look but also because it was hard to read the print on the red background. I used the beautiful bird from A Cardinal Christmas stamp brush set. I love that bird! I also used a zig-zag stitch brush set at the top and bottom of the layout. I added a black brad for his eye and a group of ribbon-tied buttons at the lower corner to finish it off. It might have taken me 20 minutes to finish the page. I like quick and easy!
One of the pages I did for a demonstrator named Joanella Townsend was for Million Dollar Pie. It sounds good, I'm afraid to try it because I'll eat so much of it! I used the script background DSP and a frame from the Frames With a Flourish brush set around the whole recipe. The bird is from the Friends 24-7 brush set. I finished it off with a few brads.
Julie's recipe for Gooey Butter Cookies sounds like another recipe that would be a favorite. I used a floral background paper in Crushed Curry and added a layer of cardstock, then a scallop punch on each edge to make it look like the scallop square die. I used the swirl stamp from the Baroque Motifs brush set, changed it to Crushed Curry and added a deep shadow, my favorite MDS technique right now. A little ribbon across the top and some brads in Dusty Durango and done!
Another recipe I did for Joanella was for Blueberry Crisp. It sounds like a yummy recipe! I used the polka dot DSP again, this time in Night of Navy. Seemed blueberryish. I also did the faux vellum layer to make the recipe easier to read. I also "vellumized" the dotted scalloped borders around the outside and put a rhinestone brad at each corner to cover up where the 2 layers overlapped as well as on either side of the title. I used the brush set from Friends 24-7 again for the berryish branch at the bottom and the pretty flower branch from the Thoughts and Prayers set. My spell check goes nuts when I invent words!
I like the way the pages turned out. I made 12 pages in all, whew! Even though I used the same techniques on some of the pages they all turned out differently. I can't wait to see what everyone else's pages look like. I may share more in a few days. I got my camera back tonight so I can take pictures of some projects to share again. I sure missed my camera!