Friday, December 31, 2010

Button, Button

Hi, you may have been thinking that I was taking a break from stamping but I've been hard at work creating with some of the new stamp sets along with gorgeous designer paper, a new punch, embossing folder and embosslit that are going to be introduced in the Occasions Mini Catalog that starts next week.  Let me say, I'm loving it all!  I have 3 of the new stamp sets and had another on loan that I was asked to do a display with for our Stampin' Up team meeting last night.  Here is a sneak peek at what I've been working on. 

For today, I'll feature some of the new button products.  First, the Sweet Buttons Embosslit was used to embellish this little test tube holder that is holding some bath salts.  I used Pear Pizzaz cardstock as the base for this cute holder that I found on Lisa Sommerville's blog.  I used some paper from the new DSP called Springtime Vintage to decorate the front of the box.  Isn't it beautiful paper!  I've had a lot of fun creating with the paper in this pack.  The test tube holder was simple to decorate with the buttons from the embosslit, just roll through the Big Shot and they are punched and embossed!  I did sponge on a little Crumb Cake ink before adhering them to the box.  I used Stampin Dimensionals to give more dimension to the button arrangement as well as a few Rhinestone Brads to add sparkle. 
Close-up of Sweet Buttons Embosslit buttons

There is also a new stamp set in the new mini catalog called Button, Button.  It has 17 stamps, all in great button shapes.  The next 2 cards use this stamp set.  First, a simple card featuring the same sheet of Springtime Vintage DSP and 3 of the buttons from the set stamped on squares.  I added a Congratulations stamp from the Perfect Punches set and a little Baja Breeze ribbon to finish off this very fast and easy card.
















Last, another Button, Button card.  I started with a Whisper White layer on a Pear Pizzaz base.  I added four 1-1/2 inch squares across the card, slightly above center.  This time I used lots of buttons from the set.  A couple of the buttons I had to hand cut but most of them were quickly punched out with Stampin' Up's circle punches.  More dimensionals were used to raise some of the buttons up and a bit of Pear Pizzaz seam binding tape makes this another quick and easy card.  The sentiment is from the Occasional Quotes set, my thoughts exactly for all of my followers and friends who have read my blog throughout 2010!  I hope you had as wonderful a year as I did and that your coming year will be a great year for you.  Happy New Year!
Button, Button set

 


No comments: