Monday, September 6, 2010

Two Beautiful Cards

I got two beautiful cards in the mail the other day. The first one is from Sherry Hostetter, a Stampin' Up Demonstrator who lives in Texas.

She used the beautiful Greenhouse Garden Designer Series Paper along with Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze cardstock. I like her interesting treatment of the Friends Never Fade stamp set, turning the flower on it's side and using just the Friends part of the stamp. Of course, I also love the little bit of bling on the flower's vine.
The other card is from Julie Wick from Ohio. (Julie, if you read this and have a blog, post your blog link so I can post it here) I love the fall colors so this color scheme is one I really like. She used the crimper to get some texture on the card. With the embossing folders available for the Big Shot we tend to send the crimper to the bottom of the tool bag sometimes but it looks great on this card! The new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch makes a great border above and below the strip with the Take A Sip wheel rolled across it. Cutting 2 of the cups out and elevating them with Stampin' Dimensionals and adding lots of Dazzling Diamonds on the "steam" finish the card off beautifully.
So, a day of vertigo was made more cheerful with the delivery of the mail on Friday. I'm feeling better now, I reckon it might be safe for me to drive tomorrow.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Sorry about the vertigo. Glad you feel a little better!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

both cards are beautiful.

Diana Carr said...

Love your blog. This coffee card is one of my favorites. I really like the color combo. Now following you from Stampin' Connection.

Diana
www.secretlifeofpaper.blogspot.com