Friday, September 17, 2010


I have been trying to get this Halloween card finished for about 2 weeks. I finally got it figured out today.
I was using the 5/8" satin ribbon under the 3 stamped images but they were nearly completely covering it up! After pulling it out several times to try to finish it I thought about the wider ribbon today and it worked. I'm thinking about adding a strip of Old Olive Card stock behind the ribbon too but that will have to wait for another day.
The mummy friend looks familiar, right? I posted him a few days ago and got a suggestion from Jae that I add a sentiment in orange for a little pop of color. I stamped it directly on the mummy's "chin" but it didn't pop enough so I stamped it on Very Vanilla and then punched it out with the Large Oval Punch and punched a scrap of Pumpkin Pie card stock with the Scalloped Oval punch to mat it and give a larger touch of orange. I think her idea was perfect!
I wonder why I keep wanting to make Halloween cards. It's just the middle of September! I guess all the Halloween decorations and candy in the stores is making me feel like it's closer than it is. It won't be long though before Halloween will be over and we will be thinking about the turkey we are going to cook for Thanksgiving dinner. And I reckon you know what comes after that!

2 comments:

Jae said...

Both cards look great! And I'm glad that Mummy one worked out so well for you!

Debra said...

Love the mummy. I'm following you from SC, www.stampapotamus.blogspot.com