Monday, September 27, 2010

Pretty Pink

These 2 cards are so pretty.  I got them in the card swap we had Saturday at the retreat.  One card has a Whisper White base, the other has a Very Vanilla base.  The white one has a black Top Note die cut that is embossed with the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder.  The butterfly is stamped with the Elements of Style floral stamp, then colored and embossed with the same embossing folder.  I love how she put the Basic Rhinestones in some of the circles the embossing folder made.  The bit of pink on the flowers is the perfect splash of color for this black and white card.   The creator didn't put her name on the card so I don't know who to give credit to.

    The second card also has a pink accent in both the background and the 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon.  This card that was made by Kathi Jenkins uses Chocolate Chiip for one of her accent colors.  The Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla layers are punched with the Scalloped Border punch and the Very Vanilla is stamped with the Elizabeth stamp, a beautiful single stamp.  Did you know that the Stampin' Up has 3 pages of stamps that are under $10?  Check your catalog on pages 18-20 for these great a` la carte stamps.  Kathi also used the Thanks stamp from the Perfect Punches stamp set.  This set has 6 stamps that match 6 different Stampin' Up punches to make creating cards so quick and easy.

    I can't believe that I forgot to mention in my last post that I won not 1, but 2 prizes at the art contest Saturday!  I am pretty excited about it.  The prizes were Stampin' Up gift certificates so I've been looking through my catalog to see what I'm going to choose.  I think I've narrowed it down to 2 stamp sets and a die but I could change my mind!  Both the projects I won with are going to be in my class line-up the next couple of months so if you come, you could make these prize-winning projects too!

    3 comments:

    Angela said...

    These pink cards remind me of Breast Cancer Awareness...you could make some changes and add a different sentiment....

    Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

    Elizabeth is one of my favorite stamps this year. Will never tire of it. Very nice

    Laura Love said...

    Hi there! I'm now following your blog courtesy of Stampin' Connection & would love for you to stop by my blog & become a follower of mine...Thanks! www.lovesrubberstamps.com
    Great blog!