Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Halloween Cards

Is it October yet?  Almost!  I have an all day crop Thursday where we will be making Christmas cards for the soldiers in the Middle East who don't have a store where they can go to buy Christmas cards.  It will be the last day of September, wow, did it go by fast! 

We made a few Halloween projects at the Fall Retreat I went to last Saturday but I haven't finished the little bag yet.  I didn't put it together so it wouldn't get squashed on the way home and haven't taken time to finish it yet.  I worked in the garden today, getting it ready for Winter.  I have lots of blisters to prove it!  We are still getting some tomatoes but the rest of the garden is pulled up and mowed.  Once the tomatoes are gone by we will plow it under and before I know it, I'll be planting it in the Spring of 2011!

First, I love this card!  It is similar to a card I made last year.  The grass from the Inspired By Nature set makes a great place for little goblins with googlie eyes to hide.  The color scheme is great, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black and Old Olive.  Who would have thought that Rich Razzleberry would have made such a great Halloween color??

Second is a great sponged card.  The card was made by someone who's stamp name is "nonstopstamper".  She tore strips of card stock and used them as masks to create the background for the very spooky tree from the House of Haunts set.  I had to keep feeling of the card because the sponging looked so much like it was layers of card stock!  She used the Spider Web embossing folder just on the edge of the card, a great idea for just a touch of web and used another great Halloween color combination, Concord Crush, Cajun Craze, Basic Black and Old Olive.  The Bat Punch is the perfect place to stamp the greeting from the Teeny Tiny Verses stamp set.

I reckon I need to try this sponging technique!

3 comments:

Mike and Wendy said...

I love the first card.
And you forgot to mention that it's your baby grandson's birthday!

Created by Kath said...

I love how spooky the tree card is.
http://kath-allthatscrap.blogspot.com/

craftysahmiam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.