Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Did you Ever CASE a card?


Most of my readers will know what CASE is but for the few who won't recognize the acronym, it stands for Copy And Share Everything. I cased this card from Sandy McIver, a very talented Stampin' Up demonstrator. I didn't have all the things she used so I substituted the stamp set but it turned out fairly close to her beautiful card.

I love the Very Vintage Wheel that is used on the bottom of the card. I wheeled it in Old Olive ink and then used a sponge dauber to age it some. I've used the Beautiful Wings Embosslit on many other projects, those embossed butterflies are so wonderful and with 5 butterflies in different sizes and designs, they are perfect for so many things. I used the leafy stamp from the Embrace Life set on the top of the card and also used the sponge dauber around that.

The second card was very loosely cased from a card by Michelle VanWiggeren. I took the basic element of the bird on the ribbon and the Modern Label punch for the sentiment but even the original creator of the card that was the inspiration for this probably wouldn't recognize it. That is they way casing goes. Sometimes you hardly change a thing and sometimes you only use an element or 2 as your inspiration.

I am a member of both the Late Night Stampers yahoo group. If you want to join, click on the owl in my side bar. Every week day Kelly posts the blog finds of the day. There are usually 15+ links to posts with great ideas. We put our creations on our blogs to inspire others, right? I often get great ideas from these links she shares. It saves me time and I discover some great blogs that I might not have found on my own. To make things even better, Kelli lives in Germany and when I wake up in the morning she has already got the blog finds posted so I can get inspired right away. I'm sharing 3 of my favorites with you from today's blog finds. Just click on the picture if you are interested and it will take you to the blog.

I really liked the idea of the oragami flowers. I guess because I'm wondering if my buttercups will EVER bloom! They have had yellow buds on them for 3 weeks but nothing yet. The temperatures are supposed to be above 50 for the next several days and sunshine is in the forcast so maybe I'll be including pictures of the first blooms in a blog post very soon. The crocus bloomed about the time I noticed the buttercup buds, such a brave little flower :~)

Next is a very simple yet georgous card using the beautiful Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set. Why, oh why haven't I bought this set yet? It's beautiful! And Melissa did a beautiful job with the watercoloring. I love Stampin' Up's watercolor pencils and crayons and I don't have that many stamp sets that are open for coloring. Humm, I need to take care of that "problem"!

The last card I'm going to share is just plain cute! I love how Andrea put the little chicks in the egg halves. This is one of the cutest Easter cards around!
I hope you enjoy the extra shares! I reckon I'll go stamp something. I hope the sun is shining wherever you are today!

1 comment:

Eva Farley said...

I LOVE the little chick card!!!! I think it may be too late to do it.
AND --- I saw me!!!
Also, I like the mini baskets in your first picture.
This is fun, I'v never been here before!!!!!