Thursday, March 25, 2010

Flowers, birdhouses and lots of rain, it must be Spring!

I remembered hearing that you could use the heat gun on some kinds of fabric and melt it a little for a different look. I know that acetate type fabrics are perfect for this so I decided to try it with some of the fun fabric I had bought for the class I had coming up with the Flower Folds die.

I like both pins but the melting definitely gives it a great look. I guess it depends on what look you want for the pin, soft and feminine or fun and funky. I used a stylus with a wooden handle to hold the flower down while I heated it up. You might end up holding a mighty hot handle if you use something that is all metal. Maybe not but I didn't want to take any chances! I'm including a close up so you can see the detail of the melty flower. Very cool.


Second, I wanted to share this picture of the little birdhouse I made at my Stampin' Up shoebox swap last week. It uses the adorable little milk carton die as the base. We punched a hole in front and covered that with a piece of the clear windows plastic and assembled the carton. After inserting some jelly beans I stapled it shut and added a scalloped edge roof and a bird punched from the Two-Step Bird punch. Quick, easy and a great addition to your Easter creations!

I had a great time at our monthly Memory Preservations Day crop. We worked on Easter goodies and visited and enjoyed being warm and inside on a rainy day. The rain was nice enough to let me get my car loaded and get there and get it unloaded without getting wet. When the crop was over I was just finishing loading my car back up when it started pouring rain! I figured it could just sit in the car and wait to be unloaded until tomorrow. The weatherman promises it will be sunny then. I was just glad my paper didn't get wet! We had a wonderful thunderstorm on the way home. The lightening was amazing!

I reckon I'll go to bed since so much of my stamping stuff is in my trunk!

No comments: