Friday, March 12, 2010

Same layout, different colors


First of all, business: I realized I still had the dreaded snowflake background on my blog so I changed it to a spring design. The flowers are a lot like some stamps that Stampin' Up has and I love the bright colors. I'm so excited to see spring come this year after that long, cold, snowy winter!
I managed to get a great picture of this tree budding out when I went to get the mail Wednesday. Rain was in the forcast but we got a gift of a beautiful day!

I love the Cottage Wall Designer Series paper for Spring layouts but I was afraid some of the ladies wouldn't be "into" purple so I made some of the kits with white backgrounds instead. I didn't put the butterflies on the second set and changed the Orchard Opulence background stamping to Old Olive but everything is pretty much the same on both layouts. I tried to take a picture yesterday when it was sunny but my camera was dead so I had to recharge it. Today is rainy so I couldn't get as good a picture.

How about these flowers? Guess what Stampin' Up punch I used to make them. I did the flower two different directions so the ladies could decide which way they liked best. I like them both but judging by the way I did them on the second layout I guess I like the pointy end out the best! I used a sponge dauber to add ink to the edges of the flower petals (and the letters in the title). I like the softer look this gives than the direct to paper method I usually use. You have more control with the sponge daubers too.
There are only 2 weeks left of Sale-a-Bration for this year, call me if you want to schedule a home workshop and I'll try to squeeze you in, I just have a few times available. There is no better time to get free stamps! If you want to place an order you can click on my website under the catalog on the right sidebar or email me and I'll help you with an order or a workshop. wrightplace4@mindspring.com
Happy Spring and thanks for reading! I reckon I'll stamp some on this rainy day :~)
Supplies used in layouts:
Lovely Letters alphabet stamps
Friends 24-7 stamp set
Beautiful Wings Embosslit
Two Step bird punch
Orchard Opulence, Whisper White and Old Olive cardstock
Cottage Wall DSP
Orchard Opulence and Old Olive Classic Ink
Clear Buttons
Sponge Daubers
Colored Buttons
Hemp Twine

No comments: