Friday, March 27, 2009

Cards with quick ribbon rose


OK, this card literally only took about 10 minutes to make. I'm finding that the Big Shot is making scrapbooking and card making so much more simple! I just cut the Raspberry Tart paper to 4 X 5 1/4 and ran it through the Big Shot Machine in the Manhattan Flower embossing folder, sanded it and tied a ribbon rose around it, mounted it on a So Saffron card with a Certainly Celery mat. After stamping a sentiment from the Cute and Curly stamp set in Handsome Hunter the card was done.

Don't you love the ribbon rose?? I found a video for it on this blog, it is so quick and easy but the perfect touch for a wow effect on a card or scrapbook page. I figured it would be better to post her link than to try to do a tutorial. It helps a lot to be able to watch her do it than to just see pictures. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to post videos. . .
The second card also uses the ribbon rose and didn't take long either. I double matted the Big Shot Top Note die cut out of Raspberry Tart paper. Then I trimmed off nearly half of another Top Note die (did I ever say how much I love that die??) and punched with the eyelet border punch. I tied a ribbon rose around it and added a sentiment from the hostess set, A Little Something.

No comments: