Tuesday, July 9, 2013

2 Cards Featuring Washi Tape

I am loving the new Washi Tape that I bought from Stampin' Up.  The colors and designs are bright and fun, perfect to embellish a card that needs just a little something.  These cards are cards we made at the Spring Retreat in June.  I've been so busy getting ready for a trip to visit my new grand baby in Colorado and then from my daughter's house to the Stampin' Up convention in UT that I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. 
 
The first card not only has Gingham Garden Washi Tape across the bottom but also behind the stamped circle like little tabs.  I love that fun touch!   The stamp set we stamped the gingham circle with is called Kind and Cozy.  I love how it looks like a plate with a checkered rim.  We also used A Round Array and Label Love stamp sets for this card.
 For the second card we covered a square of Whisper White cardstock with Gingham Garden Washi Tape going diagonally and then cut it out with the Beautiful Butterflies Bigs die.  The fun butterfly body is made with the new Candy Dots adhesive backed embellishments.  They can be used alone as in this project or you can get brad bases and stick them to the brad before adhering to your project.  I love these new Candy Dots!  The sentiment also comes from the Kind and Cozy stamp set.

More Washi Tape was placed along the bottom of the square of Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper for a great finish to the card.  Wouldn't you love to get such a cheerful card to remind you that someone was thinking of you?  I reckon I would love it too!
I'll be in Salt Lake City for the Stampin' Up convention next week.  It will be a crazy-busy week but I'll try to be better about posting, I will be taking so many pictures of great projects you will want to see so I won't have the excuse I sometimes use that I didn't have time to stamp!  I'm working on swaps for the convention too.  I have 130 that are pretty much finished and 50 others partially done, waiting for me to get a new stamp from the Holiday Mini Catalog to stamp them up.  Time will tell if I will get all of those done!
 
By the way, my new grandson is adorable and is a very good baby.  I am also getting to see 3 of my grandchildren I haven't seen in a year, they have grown so much! 

No comments: