Thursday, July 18, 2013

Stampin' Up Convention starts Tomorrow!!!

I am here in Salt Lake City anxiously waiting for the Stampin' Up 25th Anniversary convention to start.  I have been to a stamp camp on Monday and Tuesday as well as a shoebox swap both of those days.  I was able to make some amazing projects and will be ready for a year of great classes!

Tonight I'm going to post some of the projects from the shoebox swap yesterday.  First is a fun candy bar holder.  We just took a strip of Whisper White cardstock and put washi tape on it and punched a hole with the wide oval punch.  Then we used a smaller strip of white to adhere to the card front and attached a mini candy bar on that and tucked it in the hole.  A little tricky but easy and fun!

This one is a fun idea for children or grandchildren, whether you are taking them somewhere in your car or are taking them to church or a dr appt where they may need to wait quietly for a while, this cute kit will help.  The little box will hold 6 colored pencils or 5 crayons.  Just stamp a bunch of outline type stamps that kids will enjoy onto cardstock that  has been cut out with the Top Not die, make a cover and adhere the crayon box onto it.  This would keep either one of my granddaughters busy for quite a while.

I was going to post more pictures but my computer isn't cooperating.  I reckon it knows the connection isn't what it is used to.  I'll be taking lots more pictures tomorrow and should be able to post many of them this week.  I know I'm going to be seeing a ton of great projects on display at the convention and get lots of wonderful swap cards.  I only got 100 cards made so far, I might have a little time to make 10 or 20 more in the morning before I go to the convention.  I might have trouble sleeping tonight but I doubt it.  I'm tired from all the fun!  I'm thinking I'll wake up about 5AM and not be able to fall back asleep though.  Maybe I can make it till 6AM!

No comments: