Monday, July 29, 2013

Still On My Way Home

I am in Colorado now.  My grandson will turn 8 on Wednesday so he is excited about his birthday.  I'll be home next week and I can get some time to ink up my stamp sets I got while at convention.  3 stamp sets come with our registration to make the projects with and I won 4 other sets so I have 7 sets that need to see some ink!  I only have 2 ink pads with me and almost no paper so it would be hard t actually come up with a card design that would use my limited supplies.  I might need to figure something out though, it's been too long since I created!

I showed a couple of the projects I made at the 3-D shoebox swap last week but I didn't show my project.  It was 2 pieces of 4X4 chipboard covered with DSP and a strip of cardstock along one side to attach the 2 pieces together and look like a book spine.  The ribbon serves a purpose -
 You tie the ribbon around the spine of the "book" and place money through the ribbon on the inside to make it a money book.  My grandson's birthday is Wednesday, I reckon I should make him one and put lots of money in it!  I told him I was getting him pink underwear.  I think he would like a money book a little more than pink underwear!
 Here is a project we made in the 3-D swap.  We used the chalkboard technique on the black paper and stamped in white.  It is so pretty that I hate to cover up the glimmer paper with a picture!
 I don't know who made this 3-D card swap but I love it!  There were some great projects shared at the pre-convention activities that the LNS group hosted.  I need to get home so I can create some of the things I was inspired by at convention.

No comments: