Saturday, August 18, 2012

Wonderfall!

Cooler weather has visited us the last few days and reminds me that Fall is just around the corner!  I love the changing colors of the leaves and raking them up in the yard.  Yes, I'm nuts!  I live in the woods and have LOTS of leaves to rake but I enjoy doing it anyway.  I like leaf crafts and leaf stamp sets.  Guess what - not only do we have a great new leaf stamp set called Wonderfall, we have a matching die cut!  It is called Autumn Accents and has 4 leaves and an acorn.  Not only that, there is an embossing folder to top these fun Fall leaves off with a Woodgrain texture!  I used all 3 for this swap card I made for a team meeting I went to a couple of Saturdays ago.

I used the new Core'dinations Cardstock to emboss with the Woodgrain embossing folder.  Then I used the new Stampin' Sanding Block to sand off some of the color so the woodgrain pattern shows up better.  This new cardstock comes in your choice of 3 great colors, Early Espresso like I used as well as Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green.  It is going to be great for Fall and holiday crafting!  I'm very impressed with the Stampin' Sanding System.  The block has velcro on it that you can use to attach the sanding block refills.  The refills are only $1.95 a set so it will be much more economic than replacing the whole sanding block whenever the sandpaper wears out. 

They also have a Core'dinations Dust Buddy that is great for picking up the sanding dust when you use the sanding block on the Core'dinations cardstock.  I just cut off a bit of the 33 1/2" strip of sticky gauze to pick up the debris from all 30 cards I made!  It is like the tac cloths used for tole painting.
Here is another leaf card I got in my swaps.  She also used the Woodgrain background stamp on her card.  Simple and sweet.
 This is one of my favorite projects from the Convention displays.  I love the way they used the frame and "clothesline" to display pictures and stamp art.  I reckon I need to try this, I've got some old frames.
Last of all, a quick reminder that if you join my team you will not only get your Stampin' Up kit that is completely customizable for only $99, you will get this cute Howl-o-ween project kit that is valued at $60.  It is adorable and fun.  I've seen some people use Velcro to attach the pieces to the printer's tray so that they can change them for each season.  What a great idea!  AND, what a great time to join Stampin' Up!

No comments: