Friday, August 3, 2012

Holiday Mini Catalog is Live!

I tried to do a blog post on my Iphone while I was in GA this week but it wasn't working for me.  I would get a title and type about half a sentence and it would go back to the Iphone home screen.  I love my Iphone but seriously need to learn how to use it better!

Great news, the Holiday Mini Catalog started on August 1st!  This mini catalog is full of great stamp sets, paper and other crafting products.  I'm loving all the new goodies!  I placed an order last week and it came before I got on the freeway heading to GA for my grandson's birthday on Monday.  My son called and told me the box had come and I so wanted to come back and play!  But, I got a chance to play today and I got some fun goodies.  I'm working on a swap for a meeting tomorrow so I can't show you today but I'll try to get it posted tomorrow when I get home.

I also have to make a tutorial for the little box I taught in SLC.  I'm hoping I'll have time to take all the pictures and get it written the next few days. I have lots of pictures from convention I still want to share and there are several of the 3-D items that I didn't put all the way together so they wouldn't get squashed in my suitcase that I want to get done and pictures taken for you.  I have been with all 5 of my grandchildren nearly every day since I got home so I haven't had much time to craft.  I've enjoyed a huge dose of grandchildren though!
But, enough of yacking, here is another great project from convention!   I have a laundry closet in my kitchen so I don't have a laundry room to put this cute ironing board banner in but I love it anyway.  I might have to get one of those little ironing boards to decorate anyway.  There is space above the closet doors that is big enough that I could hang it there.  I think it would make me smile!
Someone (and I really should remember her name) did a demonstration on how to do this cute project in one of the general sessions at convention.  She stamped on the actual candle with the EnFrancis stamp and Staz-on ink.  Very pretty and it would be great to skip the stamping on tissue paper and heat setting it on with the heat gun.  I ordered Stampin' Up's new heat gun in the order I got Monday so I need to heat up SOMETHING with it!  The new guns are so quiet you almost don't know they are on, it will be great to be able to talk when I'm embossing now.  The leaves are cut with the Big Shot and a new die called Autumn Accents.  There is a stamp set that goes with the die, it was in my order too so I've been using them for my swap I'm working on.  Some of the leaves in this picture were cut from the packing paper we get in our orders but did you notice the bling?????  We have a new glimmer paper called Champagne that is so pretty, kind of bronz-like.  It's a great color, don't you think?


In case you have never been to the convention, here is a shot of part of the project boards.  I can't remember how many there were but I believe there were 4 or 5 long rows of boards.  I took a picture of each one and will spend time looking through them to find great ideas all year long. 
For punch art lovers, this board had some great ideas for punches including a tutorial sheet for some of the cute animals.  I hope I took a close-up of the tutorial sheet, I want to make some of these!
One of my favorite Stampin' Up blogs is written by Erica Cerwin.  I love her style and especially her scrapbook pages.  I guess she has caught Stampin' Up's eye too and she got to display her art at convention this year.  Oh, and the date - remember in a previous post I said my camera was acting up?  It just put whatever date it wanted to on the pictures.  I wish I knew how to turn that thing off!  At least it made it through the convention but it did cause some aggravation as it kept shutting down at random times when I knew it was fully charged. 
At the convention they have classes for demonstrators to attend between making great projects and swapping.  I went to one taught by Brian Pilling called "I Am A Leader".  He talked about dysfunctional leadership and how to avoid it.  I guess I needed that class, my mind can't pin down a solid thought sometimes and I feel dysfunctional!  It was great information though, I need to study my notes real well on that one.
Another class was called "I Am Savy" that had 3 presenters.  Dawn Griffith, Meg Wheeler and Laura Milligan showed new and unusual ways to use the Big Shot and some great tips for ribbon.  They had so many creative ideas that I will be using on my upcoming projects.
There is more news but I'll try to post again tomorrow. 

No comments: