Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stamped Silk Scarves

I also signed up for a silk scarf swap at convention.  I happened to have a few craft ink pads to stamp the scarf with so I signed up and right after that Stampin' Up sent out it's new retiring accessories list and the craft inks were ALL on it!  Well, all but the Whisper White and Very Vanilla.  I decided to remain in the swap anyway and I was glad I did!  I got some wonderful creations and with Fall and cooler weather coming I will be wearing scarfs again very soon.  We can't get the craft ink anymore but we can still use the great Stampin' Up stamp sets and pigment inks to create beautiful silk scarves.

I think you will agree with me that these silk scarves are wonderful!
 This is the scarf I made using Tempting Turquoise and Wild Wasabie Craft Ink and the Circle Circus stamp set. 
 Penny Geigner used the Artisan Etchings and Postage Due stamp sets to create this scarf.  She also used Stampin' Up's Craft Ink.
 This scarf was created by Donna Pelon.  She used the Postage Due and Artistic Etchings stamp sets.
 Kim Stathakos made this scarf using the great swirly stamp and a flower one from the Everything Eleanor sets.
I think this is my favorite scarf from the swap.  We only had 5 in each group so we wouldn't have to make too many scarves to make.  Once I decided on a pattern and colors it took me about 1/2 hour to stamp each scarf so I was glad I didn't have to do a dozen!  Debra Brown took the time to tea die her scarves, I love the look!  She also used the french Foliage stamp set, isn't it perfect for a Fall scarf?

No comments: