Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WhoopDWhoop

Have you heard of WhoopDWhoop?  It is basically a place where creative people can swap their creations with other creative people.  I had heard of it a while back but just joined it today.  I need to get some things ready to add there so I can start earning the points I need to get some of the things I see available.  I can trade card sets and mini albums and things for things that are crocheted or other things I can't do.  I have tried to crochet but I keep the yarn pulled too tightly so it doesn't turn out the right size.  So I can still get beautifully crocheted things by swapping my stamped creations for them. 

I'm thinking that if I start now I can have some pretty dandy Christmas gifts by the time December rolls around too.  I thought you would like to enter their give-a-way they are holding right now.  Only if you don't win what I want to win though!  Here is the link to enter.

Here are a couple of the things that are available: 

Wendy is giving away a child's or adults apron


Emilee is giving away a button up headbands ($10 value).
You may choose red, light pink, rose heather, off-white or orange.

Also, Sonia has offered to give away this cute
Not so big Big Bag Blue ($49 value).


Robyn has offered to give away 1 large chalkboard vinyl (to be used on the wall, fridge, wherever...)aprox 7x10 scalloped edges.

And....Sky has offered to give away
a set of her matchbook notepads and a Little Cinch Backpack.


Go on over to her blog and let me know if you win anything! 


I bet you came expecting to see a card or scrapbook page, right.  Well, I can't let you down! 

Since I'm tired and have been suffering (and yes, I mean suffering!) with a sinus infection I'll just share a couple of  more of the cards from the shoebox swap I went to on Saturday.  First, a card using the Elegant Bird die.  I've been resisting this die but cards like this make the resistance wear thin!   This card was designed by Holle Wiktorek.  She recently moved back to TN and joined the team I am on so it is nice to have her talent at our meetings.  She cut the bird from the Sale-a-Bration (FREE) paper, Everyday Enchantment and then we wrinkled it up to give it lots of dimension.  Very cool.  I like the embossing and the Crochet Trim that add to the old fashioned feel of the card.

I don't remember who brought this card kit but I love the color combination on the card.  It uses the amazing stamp set called Rue Des Fleurs from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  Doesn't it pair perfectly with the Well Worn DSP?  I love that paper!

No comments: