Monday, February 27, 2012

Here are 2 last swap cards from last week.  The first one features one of our A' la Cart stamps, Triple Treat Flower.  While it is a single stamp, it can be used with many techniques to give it different looks besides the one here, which we got by stamping 3 times and punching with 3 different punches to get the layered look.  I love the color scheme of this card.  It looks like a fresh Spring day!  Wouldn't it lift any one's day to get this card?  I know it would mine. A length of Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon is a great touch for this beautiful card.

The last card (technically it isn't the last card that was swapped, I just didn't get them all finished and this week hasn't been the kind where I was able to finish them) uses 2 Sale-a-bration products, Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper and Fresh Vintage Stamp Set.   I love this card, there are so many little touches that make it special, the bit of lace trim, the tiny tag and brad as well as the spattered look on the image background created with the Color Spritzer Tool.  The Spritzer Tool is a fun way to get an aged or distressed on your stamping projects.  Since you use a marker with it you can get a spritz in any of our colors!

One last picture.  Last night I hit a deer.  There were 4 people in the car and nobody was hurt so that was great.  The car (and the deer) didn't do so well though.  Thankfully, I was able to keep the car on the road, it could have been much worse.  So - I spent a lot of time last night and today processing all that venison.  Hey, I gotta make up part of that $500 deductible!  I won't share those pictures since some people are squeamish about dead animal pictures but the deer was huge!  My brother who skinned it for me estimated that the deer weighed 200 pounds, I think the average is 78 pounds so this was a very large one.   I'm really surprised there wasn't more damage to the car. 

If you think someone who takes their road kill home to eat is a redneck then I reckon I might have to agree with that.  I've been accused of having redneck tendencies more than once.  Have a great week stampers!

3 comments:

Elin K. said...

Hey - if it's a clean kill and the meat is in good shape why waste it? It's not like you hit a skunk or something. :)

Glad you were not hurt!

Elin K.

Connie Mercer said...

Came from linkedIn~love SU! I have tons of their stamps and love them. You have a great blog ~ your cards are beautiful!! enjoyed my visit. new follower!

Connie Mercer said...

Came from linkedIn~love SU! I have tons of their stamps and love them. You have a great blog ~ your cards are beautiful!! enjoyed my visit. new follower!