Friday, February 17, 2012

A Little More Sweetness

I wanted to share this card before Valentine's Day but I couldn't.  My friend's husband called me a couple of weeks before Valentine's Day (he knows how slow I can be!) and asked if I would make a special card for her.  He said it needed to have a big heart and something saying 32 years across the heart.  I fiddled around with several ideas before settling on this one, a heart-shaped easel card. 

I used the beautiful Blushing Bride Pleated Satin Ribbon,banner stamp from Take it To Heart, heart Adorning Accents Textured Impressions folder and the Hearts Collection framelits from the new Occasions Mini Catalog.  The letters are die cut and the Silver Glimmer paper is cut into frame hearts using the 2 smallest hearts from the framelits.  Some Basic Rhinestones add a bit more bling to finish off the card.

She said that when she opened it her first thought was, "That looks like Stampin' Up ribbon."  But then she started trying to figure out where he bought it.  Finally he told her that I had made it, she should have been able to figure that out, she has made so many cards at my classes and workshops!  I'm glad she liked it and I'm even more glad that she has a husband who, after 32 years, cares enough to send the very best  :~)

No comments: