Thursday, June 16, 2011

3 More Flower Cards

I need to post more of the swaps I got at the Spring Retreat.  Despite the fact that the weather has been acting like Spring here in middle TN the past few days, it is Summer!  I still have several great swaps from the retreat that I want to share with you.  These cards are all 3-D flowers, some with diecuts, some with punches. 
First, a Baja Breeze flower cut with the great new Fun Flowers die.  I love the shapes of these flowers so this die was a gotta have for me.  The card was made  by Kathy Brown who said she CASEd it from SandyStamper.   I love the way she used the Lattice Embossing Folder on the center of the flower and the Pear Pizzaz Bias Tape leaves.  I just realized I forgot to flip the picture.  We'll pretend the Happy Birthday was meant to go up the side.


 The next card is a vintage type card made by Kelley Bialoski----  Sorry Kelley, I can't make out the end of your signature.  She rolled the Crumb Cake paper with the Very Vintage wheel and sponged the edges for a vintage feel, then added a DSP flower created with the Die Blossom Party die in combination with the 2-3/8" Scalloped Circle punch, all were crimped before being put together.  What a great flower!
The last card I will share today is one made by Kim May from AL.  She used the great new Blossom XL punch but only put half the flower on her card so she had room for the Happy Birthday sentiment, double mounted on the Decorative Label Punch.  A quick run through the Big Shot with the Tulip Frame Embossing Folder finishes the card off nicely as does the sweet little butterfly.
There are so many great flowers we can make now with all the dies and punches available.  I love to wrinkle them up, crimp them, and run them through the embossing folders to give them extra character and dimension. 

No comments: