Monday, June 13, 2011

Flower cards

I love pretty flowers, doesn't everyone?  One of our Heavenly Father's best creations (other than grandchildren)!  I wanted to post some of the swap cards I got at the Spring Retreat I went to for Stampin' Up demonstrators a couple of months ago.  I still have a lot of swaps I haven't posted.


First, it is kind of a flower but also I thought it would follow the "Tooth Larry" book from the weekend that I posted.  It is a cute clip that the goodies the Tooth Fairly leaves can be clipped onto the child's pillow case.  It is a cute idea, but then, Tooth Larry is a manly guy and wouldn't want to leave a flower!
Second is a fun idea, do you recognize the flower petals?  Oh, you are smart, yes they are the bird wings from the 2-step XL Bird Punch!  I love the "forget-me-not" feel of this card.  It is the perfect card to send to someone to let them know that you are thinking about them.  Who wouldn't enjoy that???  This card was a creation of Amber Apple.
The last 2 cards are very different although they feature the same stamp set, Awash With Flowers.  It is a 2-step stamp set so you stamp the outline and then choose the color to stamp the middle.  I love this set although I haven't used it much.  First, a fun tri-fold card secured with velcro that was made by Kim McDonald.  She stamped 3 of the half-flowers from the set and colored them with pink and orange markers.  She cut them out and adhered them with a brad so they look like a full flower.  the front of the card is embossed with the Petals A Plenty embossing folder.   I like how she made some of the petals look striped with 2 colors.
The beautiful B&W with yellow flowers doesn't have a name on the back so I don't know who made it but it is very pretty.  I love the simplicity of it.  The funny thing is, when I use this set I want to get the placement of the "watercolor" petals just perfectly in the lines but it doesn't bother me that she didn't.  I guess that means everyone else doesn't have to be perfect but I demand it of myself.  I reckon I should go seek professional help.

No comments: